Private Foundation Services
Silicon Valley Community Foundation is a great resource for your private foundation. We are a flexible, low-cost institution with current assets of $4.7 billion and more than 1,650 philanthropic funds under management. We specialize in working with individuals and families to achieve their philanthropic goals.
A private foundation can be a great vehicle for charitable giving, but sometimes the process of managing the foundation's affairs can diminish the joy of giving or become a burden to maintain.
Has your private foundation been affected by any of these factors?
- The original purpose no longer applies or the philanthropic mission needs to be updated to meet changing community needs.
- Rising operational and investment management costs.
- Keeping up with new and changing government regulations, such as the 2006 Pension Protection Act or the 2001 Patriot Act, requires too much of your time.
- It is difficult to meet the annual 5% payout requirement.
- The founder prefers that the family focus on philanthropy, rather than on investments and administration.
In any of these scenarios, Silicon Valley Community Foundation may be the best alternative.
We offer several options:
- Option 1: Convert the foundation into a named advised fund.
- Option 2: Donate the foundation's annual 5% required payout to an advised fund at Silicon Valley Community Foundation (to be distributed within 12 months) OR to our Community Endowment Fund (to be distributed through our grantmaking strategies)
- Option 3: Take advantage of our new Customized Philanthropy Services program.
|Option 3: Take advantage of our new Customized Philanthropy Services program.|
Private foundations, corporations, individual philanthropists and nonprofits can take advantage of our Customized Philanthropy Services. We offer guidance on the art and science of giving effectively and provide full-service support for your administrative needs. Our professional, dedicated staff can help you accomplish your giving goals - from due diligence on an international nonprofit to managing your foundation's investments.
Choose from our Menu of Services, which includes grantmaking, finance, accounting, back-office support and investment management services.