One-third of our residents are immigrants. Almost half of the Silicon Valley workforce is foreign-born. Almost two-thirds of those under the age of 18 are children of immigrants. These demographic realities call for a new social model of immigrant integration. We support organizations that benefit immigrants and their receiving communities while encouraging newcomers to participate in local government and improve economic mobility.
Strengthening the Legal Services Infrastructure
Targets the need for affordable and reliable immigration legal services provided by nonprofit community organizations.
Grants support legal service providers or collaboratives that:
RFP Opened: March 7, 2016
Adult English Language Acquisition
Targets the growing demand for high-quality English as a Second Language and Vocational English as a Second Language, or ESL and VESL instruction.
Grants will be provided for region wide efforts that:
- Strengthening the Legal Services Infrastructure Grantees - 2015
- Adult English Language Acquisition Grantees - 2014
- Strengthening the Legal Services Infastructure Grantees - 2014
- Adult English Language Acquisition Grantees - 2013
- Bridging the Cultural Gap Grantees - 2013
Strengthening the Legal Services Infrastructure Grantees - 2013