Silicon Valley Community Foundation is committed to strengthening and serving the nonprofit community. More than 60 local nonprofits partner with us to manage their assets and reserves. Our nonprofit investment services provide the flexibility to make withdrawals or add contributions on your schedule.
Your nonprofit will receive the following benefits and services
- Get technical assistance and personal attention from our staff. We help with fiscal management and fund development. We also offer occasional trainings on various development topics, endowment building and board training.
- Recognition as a nonprofit partner on our website.
- Access your nonprofit fund information 24/7 through our easy and secure online portal.
- Accept gifts of real estate through The Real Estate Trust at Silicon Valley Community Foundation.
- Build an endowment with planned gifts facilitated by the community foundation. Your donors make a deferred gift to the community foundation and create a designated fund to benefit your nonprofit in perpetuity. Receive 5% of the value of the fund each year. Other options include charitable remainder trusts and charitable gift annuities which enables donors to receive maximum tax benefits and a lifetime income stream.
- Accept pass-through gifts for your nonprofit. We can accept pass-through or redistribution gifts, particularly complicated gifts, on behalf of your donors. For example: A donor who wants to give anonymously to a nonprofit and still receive the tax benefits could give a pass-through gift. The minimum required to process a pass-through gift is $10,000.
Advantages of a nonprofit fund include:
- Low investment costs due to the size of our investment portfolio.
- Oversight. It is our fiduciary duty to ensure prudent investment of your assets. Investment activity is overseen by a professional investment committee, consultant and staff, all with deep experience.
- Transparency. Statements, investment holdings, performance and total costs are reported quarterly. Monthly investment returns are available online.
- Access to quality institutional investment managers and alternative investments only available to accredited investors with assets of at least $5 million.
- Diversification among five investment portfolios across a broad range of classes and strategies that can only be accomplished with size.
- Compliance. We support your finance staff with necessary data for financial reporting and disclosures.