The Roshan Rahbari Scholarship Fund
Number of awards: Up to four per year
This scholarship was established in loving memory of Roshan Rahbari, a former student of West Valley Community College and a graduate of Leland High School in San Jose, California. In his 18 years of life Roshan touched the lives of many. He believed in harmony among people of different backgrounds and had a rainbow of friends. He was sensitive to the plight of people in need of help and saw everyone as an individual worthy of respect. His dream was to become a psychologist for young people, and it is in his kind spirit that his parents established this scholarship fund to help young people realize their dreams.
The Roshan Rahbari Scholarship Fund seeks to support outstanding community college students with financial need to transfer to and complete their bachelor’s degrees at four-year colleges and universities.
- Current resident of California
- Current community college student transferring to a four-year college or university
- Cumulative community college grade point average (GPA) between 3.0 and 3.7
- Demonstrated service to community or school
- Demonstrated financial need
Selection Criteria and Process:
- Financial need
- Activities (community or school)
- Character qualities such as, integrity, compassion and generosity
Cyrus Rahbari at RoshanRahbariScholarship@yahoo.com