Neighboring states Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina are preparing for the impact and aftermath from the storm that has already caused devastation in Haiti, Cuba and the Bahamas. Below are community foundations located along the projected path of Hurricane Matthew. In the coming days these local community foundations and agencies will likely be most be most in touch with the needs of local residents affected by the storm. The numbers on the map correspond to the numbers next to each community foundation listed below. SVCF will continue to update this page with information about help being provided to victims and about organizations that are accepting donations to help those affected.
1. The Community Foundation For Northeast Florida, Inc.
2. The Community Foundation For Ocala Marion County
3. The Community Foundation for Palm Beach & Martin Counties
4. Community Foundation of East Central Florida, Inc.
5. Community Foundation of North Central Florida
6. GiveWell Community Foundation
7. The Miami Foundation
8. Ocean Reef Community Foundation
9. Communities of Coastal Georgia Foundation
10. Frances P. Bunnelle Foundation
11. Coastal Community Foundation of South Carolina
12. Community Foundation of the Lowcountry, Inc
13. Outer Banks Community Foundation
14. North Carolina Community Foundation – Affiliate map: Southeastern, Coastal Plain South, Northeastern
The Salvation Army Florida, Georgia, and North & South Carolina Divisions have set-up Incident Command teams at state and local levels. Click here for more information.