Starting Monday, May 1, SVCF will accept proposals for a new grant opportunity: Nonprofits, public sector agencies and research institutions in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties are invited to apply to receive funding for initiatives that ensure the safety and security of immigrants.
Proposals will be accepted online on a rolling basis. SVCF hopes that this rolling grant process will better provide a rapid response to urgent community needs.
“Now more than ever, immigrants in our local communities need our support,” said Manuel Santamaría, SVCF’s vice president of strategic initiatives and grantmaking. “They need to understand their rights, have access to legal services, develop emergency family plans and be protected from hate crimes and discrimination.”
Examples of responsive projects that may be supported by this new grant opportunity include, but are not limited to:
- “Know Your Rights” campaigns that seek to partner with trusted community entities (schools, community centers, libraries, etc.) and aim to inform and empower vulnerable immigrant communities.
- Development and implementation of activities, protocols and procedures to keep all communities safe and secure as they face threats stemming from changes in immigration policies and practices.
- Addressing harassment and hate speech/crimes targeting immigrant and faith communities.
- Deportation defense and legal representation for immigrants facing removal proceedings.
- Preparedness plans for families, including childcare plans and financial contingency plans.
- Creating systems and literacy around digital security to safeguard information and data that could make immigrants vulnerable if the data were compromised or stolen.
In particular, SVCF will prioritize projects that demonstrate support and coordination with networks and entities across and within the region. This may include partnerships with schools, local law enforcement, health clinics, places of worship and other organizations working with and supporting immigrants and their families.
This grant opportunity is offered as part of SVCF's strategic grantmaking focused on immigration services.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions!