To wrap up 2020, SVCF Board Chair and President and CEO of the Computer History Museum Dan'l Lewin joins SVCF President and CEO Nicole Taylor on Philanthropy Now podcast for a look back at a year unlike any other. Listen to hear from Nicole and Dan’l about key issues that were elevated this year: COVID-19, racial justice, wildfires and the pivotal election. Amidst the multiple crises, our foundation adapted to meet the needs of community. These issues reinforce SVCF’s role as a catalyst for community change and help shape our foundation’s work as we move into the new year.
In SVCF’s Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and we look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Nicole Taylor, President and CEO of Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Dan’I Lewin, Board Chair of SVCF and President and CEO of The Computer History Museum
What you will learn:
- Nicole and Dan’l’s vision for the future of SVCF
- SVCF's proactive strategies early in the pandemic and ongoing work toward an equitable recovery
- Changes in philanthropy and SVCF's work following George Floyd’s murder
- The importance of digital inclusion and addressing the digital divide
- Dan’l’s thoughts on the future of the Computer History Museum and other cultural institutions
Resources from this episode:
- Nicole Taylor, President and CEO, SVCF
- Dan’I Lewin, Board Chair and President and CEO of The Computer History Museum
- SVCF’s Black-Led Organization Giving Guide
- Learn more about SVCF’s Regional COVID-19 Response
- Learn more about SVCF’s commitment to racial justice