SV@Home a local, housing policy and advocacy nonprofit, convenes Affordable Housing Month - Silicon Valley (AHM) annually, and this year they have pivoted in the face of COVID-19. With shelter-in-place now extended beyond May, this year's AHM has pivoted to virtual activities and engagement. The importance of a secure, safe, and affordable home has become even more crucial in light of this crisis.
In this episode, SVCF Senior Vice President of Public Policy and Special Advisor to the CEO, Gina Dalma, speaks with Executive Director of SV@Home, Leslye Corsiglia. These two leaders discuss how the global pandemic has magnified ongoing housing challenges in our region. Listen to learn more about the state of affordable housing in Santa Clara County, Affordable Housing Month, what sort of solutions housing experts are exploring, and how you can get engaged while still practicing social distancing.
In SVCF’s Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and we look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Gina Dalma, SVCF's Senior Vice President of Public Policy and Special Advisor to the CEO,
and Leslye Corsiglia, Executive Director of Silicon Valley at Home.
What you will learn:
- How COVID-19 has impacted the existing housing challenges.
- Innovative solutions to the housing crisis, both pre-pandemic and in the present.
- What is Affordable Housing Month and how you can get involved.
- The role of nonprofits, businesses and government agencies in protecting our communities’ well-being.
Resources from this episode:
- Leslye Corsiglia, Executive Director of Silicon Valley at Home
- Gina Dalma, Senior Vice President of Public Policy and Special Advisor to the CEO at Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- Affordable Housing Month information, activities & other resources
- Affordable Housing Month events
- NBC Bay Area’s Silicon Valley Strong telethon