What is corporate social responsibility? Two of SVCF's corporate responsibility team members, VIce President Stuart Burden and Senior Manager Juliana Deans, discuss what their team does, what brought them to SVCF and what excites them about working in CR.
Learn how SVCF's 15-person corporate responsibility department helps clients advance their philanthropy, give back to their communities and engage employees.
In our Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and we look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Juliana Deans, Senior Manager of the Corporate Responsibility at SVCF,
and Stuart Burden, Vice President of Corporate Responsibility at SVCF.
What you will learn:
- Stuart and Juliana’s favorite projects and how their backgrounds inform their work at SVCF.
- Where the corporate responsibility team fits within the community foundation.
- How SVCF helps both large established companies and small startups incorporate philanthropy into their business.
- One client’s entrepreneurial, long-term approach to grantmaking through their corporate advised fund.
Resources from this episode:
- Stuart Burden
- Juliana Deans
- Contact SVCF’s Corporate Responsibility department
- Nonprofit board placement