With our Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
The Bay Area housing crunch hits our most vulnerable residents hardest. That includes our local foster youth. In this episode, Andre Chapman, CEO and founder of Unity Care, is joined by Gina Dalma, SVCF's vice president of government relations, to discuss a new SVCF report about the housing challenges currently facing foster youth in the Bay Area.
Gina Dalma, vice president of government relations,
and Andre Chapman, CEO and founder of Unity Care.
What you will learn:
- Unintended consequences of the recent California childcare welfare reform.
- How group care managers are affected by the housing crisis and recent reform.
- What policymakers should focus on.
- Books that inspire Andre.
- How people who want to support foster youth can get involved.
Resources from this episode:
- Gina Dalma
- Andre Chapman
- Bay Area Housing Crisis Leaves Foster Youth on the Brink
- Unity Care
- On The Table
- Roses in Concrete: Giving Foster Kids What They Deserve by Andre V Chapman
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...And Others Don't by Jim Collins