With our Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
What does the term affordable housing mean in Silicon Valley, and how are local advocates working to support its growth? In this episode, Deputy Director of housing group SV@Home, Pilar Lorenzana, joins SVCF’s Senior Community Leadership Officer Remy Goldsmith to discuss the many aspects of affordable housing in the region. Pilar will be featured on the panel at SVCF's upcoming 2018 Regional Meeting, an event free to the public.
Pilar Lorenzana, Deputy Director of SV@Home,
and Remy Goldsmith, SVCF’s Senior Community Leadership Officer.
What you will learn:
- How Pilar defines affordable housing.
- What makes the housing issue so complex.
- Success stories that SV@Home has helped make happen.
- Its role in the Measure A campaign.
- Notable organizations trying to help end homelessness.
- Why Pilar is excited about the upcoming SVCF Regional Meeting.
Resources from this episode:
- Pilar Lorenzana
- Remy Goldsmith
- Law Foundation of Silicon Valley
- Building Industry Association of Southern California
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group
- League of Women Voters
- Destination: Home
- Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto
- Register for the 2018 Regional Meeting