In our Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
In this episode you will hear Sam Liccardo, Mayor of San Jose, and Gina Dalma, SVCF Vice President of Government Relations, discuss the changing role of cities and their growing involvement in issues including the environment, education, immigration, housing, and workforce development.
Sam Liccardo, Mayor of San Jose,
and Gina Dalma, SVCF VP of Government Relations.
What you will learn:
- Why cities are able to serve as laboratories and break the mold on traditional policy making.
- How community foundations, cities, and the private sector partner to create community impact.
- San Jose’s key priorities going forward and how the Bay Area can work together regionally.
- What is digital inclusion and why does it matter?
Resources from this episode:
- Gina Dalma
- Mayor Sam Liccardo
- City of San Jose
- Library Replacement Program
- Unleash Your Geek
- San Jose Flood Relief
- San Jose Learns and SJ Promise
- SJ Works
- Beautify SJ
- Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don't by Simon Sinek