With our Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Nicole Taylor, SVCF’s new president and CEO, started work at SVCF on Dec. 19, and had her first full weeks on the job in January. In this episode, Nicole sits down with Erica Wood, SVCF’s chief community impact officer. She talks about her initial work listening to SVCF staff, community members and a wide variety of constituents, including nonprofit leaders and donors, to discover “who we are as a community foundation and who we should be.”
Nicole describes this as a great time to have joined SVCF, given the recent work staff has done to improve workplace culture. “There’s such an incredible base to build on,” she says.
Erica Wood, SVCF's chief community impact officer, and Nicole Taylor, president and CEO of SVCF.
What you will learn:
- Nicole’s thoughts on her experience at SVCF so far.
- Her vision for the ‘road ahead’ and what she is most excited about.
- The importance of listening and understanding before acting.
- How interim work paved the way for better and more effective progress in 2019.
- Who Nicole Taylor is, what drives her and how this will impact how changes are made.
Resources from this episode: