Welcome to the final episode of our mini podcast series featuring members of the Alliance of Community Foundations of Silicon Valley. Learn from and enjoy previous episodes with members of the Alliance here.
In this episode, Jim Ruane, former Mayor of San Bruno and current Vice President of San Bruno Community Foundation, and Pcyeta Stroud, Board President of the San Bruno Chamber of Commerce & Director of the Bay Area Entrepreneur Center, discuss how San Bruno Community Foundation has responded to COVID-19. Facilitated by Michelle Fries, SVCF's Director of Nonprofit Support Services, the conversation focuses on new partnerships that have emerged throughout the pandemic, how the Alliance is providing additional support to its foundation members and local trends and initiatives related to the recovery efforts.
In SVCF’s Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and we look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Michelle Fries, SVCF 'sDirector of Nonprofit Support Services,
Jim Ruane former Mayor of San Bruno & Board Vice President of San Bruno Community Foundation
and Pcyeta Stroud, Board President of the San Bruno Chamber of Commerice & Director of the Bay Area Entrepreneur Center
What you will learn:
- Leveraging knowledge from previous crisis-response efforts, such as the San Bruno PG&E explosion in 2010
- San Bruno Community Foundation’s COVID-19 relief efforts
- The Small Business Recovery Program partnership with the Bay Area Entrepreneur Center
- How San Bruno CF strengthens police relations in the community following the murder of George Floyd
Resources from this episode:
- Jim Ruane, Board Vice President of San Bruno Community Foundation & former Mayor of City of San Bruno
- Pcyeta Stroud, Board President of the San Bruno Chamber of Commerce & Director of the Bay Area Entrepreneur Center
- Michelle Fries, Director of Nonprofit Investment Program
- Donate and learn more about SVCF’s COVID-19 Regional Responseinitiatives
- San Bruno Community Foundation community resources