San Mateo County was quick to initiate efforts to protect the community in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. San Mateo County Supervisor Dave Pine is currently devoting most of his time to the COVID-19 crisis and is a member of the County’s COVID-19 ad hoc committee, helping guide the county’s response to the pandemic.
This episode features a conversation with SVCF’s President and CEO Nicole Taylor and San Mateo County Supervisor Dave Pine. The two leaders examine the impact on the region, the inception of the San Mateo County Strong initiative, the responses of partnerships across the public and private sectors, silver linings and learnings from the crisis, and plans to reopen the community.
In SVCF’s Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and we look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Nicole Taylor, SVCF President and CEO,
and Dave Pine, San Mateo County District 1 Board Supervisor.
What you will learn:
- The inception of the San Mateo County Strong initiative and the county supervisors’ roles in response efforts.
- Nonprofits’ responses to the influx in community needs and how partnerships across the public and private sectors have amplified impact.
- How San Mateo County and other local governments are working with the State of California to ensure that our communities are supported and safe during this crisis.
- The framework for reopening local businesses.
- Supervisor Dave Pine’s leadership in the local environmental movement and how similar creative efforts can be applied in response to future crises.
Resources from this episode:
- Dave Pine, San Mateo County District 1 Board Supervisor
- Nicole Taylor, SVCF President and CEO
- San Mateo Strong·
- Dave Pine’s op-ed on climate change