Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Destination: Home is a key organization leading the way in ending homelessness in Silicon Valley. Through powerful cross-sector partnerships with Santa Clara County, private corporations and other community-based nonprofits, Destination: Home is a pioneer creating systemic change in our region.
In this episode, SVCF Executive Vice President for Community Action, Policy, and Strategy Gina Dalma is joined by leaders from Destination: Home. CEO Jennifer (Jen) Loving and board member Claudine Sipili, who also sits on Santa Clara County's Lived Experience Advisory Board (LEAB) and serves as Director of CityTeam Ministries, join the podcast to discuss their work in addressing homelessness in Silicon Valley. Tune into the conversation to learn more about the importance of incorporating the voices of those with lived experience and centering equity in decision-making.
In SVCF’s Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and we look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Gina Dalma, SVCF Executive Vice President of Community Action, Policy and Strategy
Claudine Sipili, Destination: Home Board Member and Santa Clara County Lived Experience Advisory Board Member
and Jennifer (Jen) Loving, Destination: Home CEO
What you will learn:
Destination: Home’s main mission and its primary strategies for addressing Silicon Valley’s housing crisis
The purpose of the Lived Experience Advisory Board (LEAB) and the critical need to amplify the voices of those with lived experience in decision-making
The importance of incorporating feedback from the community and leveraging cross-sector partnerships
How you can get involved in the Community Plan to End Homelessness
Resources from this episode:
- Gina Dalma, Executive Vice President, Community Action, Policy and Strategy, SVCF
- Claudine Sipili, Board Member, Destination: Home
- Jenn Loving, CEO, Destination: Home
- Learn more about Destination: Home and the County of Santa Clara’s Lived Experience Advisory Board
- Check out the progress of the 2020-2025 Community Plan to End Homelessness
- See how more of our public / private partnerships support housing efforts in Silicon Valley in this video short: Project WeHOPE provides lifeline to homeless community during pandemic