In this episode, join Manuel Santamaria and Leticia Gonzalez from SVCF's Community Action, Policy and Strategy team in a discussion about the findings from a recent survey conducted with grantees of SVCF’s COVID-19 Regional Nonprofit Emergency Fund. The survey results provide insights about how COVID-19 has impacted the nonprofit sector in the San Mateo and Santa Clara counties. The survey also provides a deep dive into the racial diversity of our local nonprofit leadership, the barriers to service they have experienced and the challenges they face moving forward. The first pillar in SVCF’s recently adopted strategic plan is reducing systemic disparities, and surveying our community partners, especially leaders of color, is an invaluable tool in our foundation’s mission.
In our Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and we look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Manuel Santamaria, Vice President of Community Action, Policy and Strategy
Leticia Gonzalez, Manager of Family Engagement
What you will learn:
- An overview of SVCF’s COVID-19 Regional Response initiatives, with seven focus areas
- A closer look at SVCF’s COVID-19 Nonprofit Emergency Fund, prioritizing San Mateo and Santa Clara counties, and the Bay Area as a whole
- Findings from a broad survey of SVCF’s nonprofit grantees, including trends in community needs and racial diversity among the organizations
- How our foundation’s response efforts have supported the communities through various impact areas, including food assistance, shelter, healthcare, and more
- Barriers to service our nonprofits are experiencing, and challenges we see moving forward
Resources from this episode:
- Support SVCF’s seven Regional COVID-19 Response initiatives
- Stories of Impactfrom SVCF’s COVID-19 Nonprofit Emergency Fund
- SVCF Nonprofit Emergency Fund grantee survey results
- Manuel Santamaria, Vice President of Community Action, Policy and Strategy, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- Leticia Gonzalez, Manager of Family Engagement, Silicon Valley Community Foundation