As a trusted leader in the philanthropic realm, Silicon Valley Community Foundation is leading a COVID-19 Regional Response effort in the Bay Area counties.
In this episode, SVCF President and CEO Nicole Taylor and Executive Vice President of Community Impact Erica Wood discuss the foundation’s regional response initiatives. The conversation highlights the critical partnerships across sectors, the Silicon Valley and San Mateo Strong initiatives, SVCF’s donor engagement and fundraising goals and more.
In SVCF’s Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and we look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Nicole Taylor, SVCF President and Chief Executive Officer,
and Erica Wood, Executive Vice President of Community Impact.
What you will learn:
- SVCF’s response funds address three groups that are severely affected by COVID-19: low-income individuals and families, nonprofits and small businesses.
- The impact on the economy and public that SVCF and its partners have seen and experienced in our community.
- Cross-sector partnerships including government leaders, community foundations and nonprofits, corporations and individuals help us determine and meet the growing needs of our communities.
- SVCF’s donors quickly stepped up to donate to the response efforts.
- Consideration of both immediate community needs as well as long-term strategies to protect public health.
Resources from this episode:
- Nicole Taylor
- Erica Wood
- SVCF’s Three Targeted Relief Funds
- Silicon Valley Strong and San Mateo Strong
- Opportunity Fund