With our Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
This podcast features Misti Sangani, Chief Donor Engagement Service Officer at Silicon Valley Community Foundation, and will highlight donor circles -- one of the many ways we engage with our donors in order to enhance their philanthropic experience at SVCF.
We will hear from Tobi Becerra, Senior Philanthropy Advisor, and Sawako Sonoyama Clarin, Philanthropy Advisor, both of whom work with individual donors in various ways. They will be interviewing two SVCF donors, Monica Cappuccini and Jim Ducey, who are founding members of the Donor Circle for the Arts and Africa, respectively.
You will hear about SVCF’s donor circles, why we think they’re an important philanthropic tool, and what motivates our donors to join them.
Tobi Becerra, Senior Philanthropy Advisor,
Sawako Sonoyama Clarin, Philanthropy Advisor,
Monica Cappuccini, Founder and Member of the Donor Circle for the Arts
Jim Ducey, Founder and member of the Donor Circle for Africa
Misti Sangani, Chief Philanthropy Officer
What you will learn:
- What donor circles are and why they are important at SVCF.
- How the first donor circle started.
- How the donor circles created their eligibility criteria and why that is important to circle members.
- Memorable grants they’ve funded.
- How they find emerging projects to support.
Resources from this episode:
- Misti Sangani
- Tobi Becerra
- Sawako Sonoyama Clarin
- Monica Cappuccini
- Jim Ducey
- Misti Sangani
- The Art of Yoga Project
- United Youth for Rwanda Development (UYRD): Introduction of Domestic Biogas in High Schools Project (IDBHSP)