In SVCF's Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
This episode features Misti Sangani, our chief donor experience and engagement officer, and Leah Wilberding, a philanthropy advisor at SVCF.They discuss some local organizations that have been supported by SVCF donors, are making a positive impact in our communityand could benefit from supportto further their work.
The organizations include the Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation, Camp Kesem, Presidio Tunnel Tops, Project WeHOPE, Sojourn to the Past, Thorn, and Valley Medical Center Foundation.
What you will learn:
- A critical need in San Mateo County.
- The important work Camp Kesem does for children who have lost a parent or family member to cancer.
- The biggest city in the U.S. without a children’s hospital.
- What experience Misti Sangani wishes every child and student had.
- The unique way the Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation has been addressing the concerns of burn victims and fire prevention.
Resources from this episode:
- Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation
- Camp Kesem
- Project WeHOPE
- Valley Medical Center Foundation
- Presidio Tunnel Tops
- Sojourn To the Past