In SVCF's Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
In this episode, Valerie Cuevas, interim vice president of strategic initiatives and grantmaking at SVCF, provides an overview of SVCF’s five new grantmaking strategies. These strategies were approved by the SVCF board of directors earlier in 2017. Valerie will also discuss how these strategies focus on crucial needs in the community, and are issues upon which SVCF’s grantmaking can make a significant positive impact.
Interim Vice President, Strategic Initiatives and Grantmaking
Silicon Valley Community Foundation
What you will learn:
- SVCF’s five new grantmaking strategies
- Why it’s so important to ensure the safety and security of immigrants
- How SVCF plans to help increase student success
- The reality behind the need to improve access to public benefits
- When to expect the first request for proposals
Resources from this episode: