Welcome to Episode 1 of our 8-part mini podcast series with the Alliance of Community Foundations of Silicon Valley. Keep tuning in to learn from each member of the Alliance in episodes to come.
In the inaugural episode, you will learn about Community Foundation for San Benito County and its role in the Alliance. SVCF Director of Nonprofit Support Services, Michelle Fries, facilitates a conversation with Gary Byrne, President and CEO of CF for San Benito County, and Nate Hensley, Executive Director of The Manger, the foundation’s newest nonprofit partner. The conversation focuses on how the Alliance membership and support from SVCF has helped the foundation amplify its impact in its rural community, how these organizations have pivoted and strive to prioritize needs in response the COVID-19 pandemic, how they are supporting nonprofits during the shelter-in-place order and more.
In SVCF’s Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and we look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Michelle Fries, SVCF's Director of Nonprofit Services,
Gary Byrne, President and CEO of CF for San Benito County,
and Nate Hensley, Executive Director of The Manger.
What you will learn:
- How the Alliance of Community Foundations of Silicon Valleyhas supported the growth of smaller foundations.
- The difference in experience between the rural communities in San Benito County versus more urban areas in Silicon Valley.
- The importance of continuing critical work in scholarships and education.
- How nonprofits have pivoted in response to COVID-19 and what to expect in a post-pandemic world.
Resources from this episode:
- Gary Byrne, President and CEO, Community Foundation of San Benito County
- Nate Hensley, Executive Director, The Manger House
- Manger, “Feeding The Hungry With Compassion”
- Michelle Fries, Director of Nonprofit Support Services, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- The Manger’s new food drive-through service in San Benito County
- Scholarships for college-bound students