In this episode, Vu Le, creator of the blog Nonprofit AF, executive director of Rainier Valley Corps and co-author of Unicorns Unite: How nonprofits and foundations can build epic partnerships, talks with SVCF’s vice president of corporate responsibility Stuart Burden. Listen as the two discuss the challenges of securing funding and the sometimes fraught relationship between nonprofits and funders.
With the Philanthropy Now podcast series, SVCF explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Vu Le, executive director of Rainier Valley Corps
and Stuart Burden, SVCF's vice president of corporate responsibility
What you will learn:
- Who Vu Le is and what Rainier Valley Corps is all about.
- Funding challenges and operational changes Vu has observed
- What changes he would make to corporate grantmaking.
- How to improve trust between grant makers and nonprofits.
Resources from this episode:
- Vu Le
- Stuart Burden
- Nonprofit AF
- Rainier Valley Corps
- Unicorns Unite by Vu Le
- The Whitman Institute
- The Robert Sterling Clark Institute
- The Peery Foundation
- The Satterberg Foundation
- American Express Foundation
- Nonprofit Quarterly
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Everyday Feminism
- The Body is Not An Apology
- JEDI Heart
- Evaluation & Social Justice Conference
- Ascend BLO
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi