Welcome to Episode 4 of our 8-part mini podcast series with the Alliance of Community Foundations of Silicon Valley. Keep tuning in to learn from each member of the Alliance in episodes to come.
In the fourth episode of this mini-series, you will learn about the work of Palo Alto Community Fund (PACF), a community foundation serving East Palo Alto, Palo Alto, and Menlo Park for over 40 years and a member of the alliance for 17 years. SVCF Director of Nonprofit Support Services, Michelle Fries, speaks with Cammie Vail, Executive Director of PACF and Lauren Williams, boardmember of PACF, local PTA president and member of The Squad. The conversation delves into PACF’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak and its long-term shifts in their work, partnering on solutions to reach vulnerable community members with PTA parents and more.
In SVCF’s Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and we look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Michelle Fries, SVCF's Director of Nonprofit Support,
Cammie Vail, Executive Director of PACF,
Lauren Williams, boardmember of PACF, local PTA president and member of The Squad.
What you will learn:
- The role of PACF in the Alliance of Community Foundations of Silicon Valley.
- Two primary needs observed by PACF in their community, and its response to COVID-19.
- Changes to PACF grantmaking strategies in the post-pandemic world.
- The Squad: a boots-on-the-ground group of Palo Alto Unified School District parents and PTA leaders formed to support community needs.
Resources from this episode:
- Cammie Vail, Executive Director, Palo Alto Community Fund
- Lauren Williams, Boardmember, Palo Alto Community Fund
- Michelle Fries, Director of Nonprofit Support Services, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- PACF’s COVID-19 Relief Fund
- LifeMoves, Live In Peace, Community Legal Serivces In East Palo Alto, and Dream Catchers