In this podcast episode, Silicon Valley Community Foundation is pleased to feature a conversation between SVCF board member Wade Loo and Nicole Taylor, our president and CEO.
Wade has been a board member since 2015, and Nicole has now been at her post for 11 months. Listen in on their conversation, in which they reflect on 2019 and discuss what’s ahead in 2020.
In our Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and we look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
SVCF President and CEO Nicole Taylor and board member Wade Loo
What you will learn:
- What Nicole focused on during her first year leading SVCF, both inside and outside the foundation, and what she is most proud of.
- How Nicole, donors and other stakeholders envision SVCF’s role in the community.
- Nicole and Wade’s vision for increasing community collaboration, and how it relates to the major issues SVCF is prioritizing including housing, the census, civic participation and early education
Resources from this episode:
- Nicole Taylor
- Wade Loo and the SVCF Board of Directors
- New SVCF leadership Parts I and II
- SVCF values and the Culture Task Force
- SVCF’s Census 2020 work