Welcome to Episode 5 of our 8-part mini podcast series with the Alliance of Community Foundations of Silicon Valley. Keep tuning in to learn from each member of the Alliance in episodes to come.
In the fifth episode of this mini-series, you will learn about Los Altos Community Foundation (LACF) from Adin Miller, Executive Director of LACF and Marsha Deslauriers, Executive Director of Community Health Awareness Council. Both of these organizations serve populations in the Los Altos and Mountain View communities. In conversation with Michelle Fries, SVCF Director of Nonprofit Support Services, the three community leaders discuss the work of LACF, the role of the Alliance of Community Foundations of Silicon Valley, the trends in community needs in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the future of telehealth and more.
In SVCF’s Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and we look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Adin Miller, Executive Director of Los Altos Community Foundation,
Marsha Deslauriers, Executive Director of Community Health Awareness Council,
and Michelle Fries, Director of Nonprofit Support Services, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
What you will learn:
- Leveraging the strengths and resources from the Alliance of Community Foundations of Silicon Valley.
- Los Altos CF’s strategic planning process and the abrupt pause to pivot in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Changes in needs and operations in local nonprofits and small businesses.
- The process for identifying and vetting local organizations in need.
- Elevated importance of mental health services and domestic violence support.
- Telehealth services, hybrid care and the future of healthcare industry in a post-pandemic world.
Resources from this episode:
- Adin Miller, Executive Director, Los Altos Community Foundation
- Marsha Deslauriers, Executive Director, Community Health Awareness Council
- Michelle Fries, Director of Nonprofit Support Services, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- Los Altos Community Foundation’s Nonprofit Relief Fund
- Community Health Awareness Council services offered