You can simplify your charitable giving by establishing a donor advised fund at Silicon Valley Community Foundation. Hundreds of individuals and families partner with SVCF, utilizing the community foundation's services and expertise to realize their philanthropic dreams. Get started by opening a fund.
By creating a donor advised fund, you can organize all your charitable activities through one expertly-managed and cost-effective charitable vehicle. Your gift qualifies for an immediate tax deduction, and you can take your time deciding which organizations to recommend for grants.
Donor advised fund benefits
The following are just a few of the benefits and services you receive with a donor advised fund.
- Expert staff with in-depth knowledge to help develop your charitable giving strategy and goals
- Gifts and grants administration. SVCF will issue payment to your chosen charities and handle deposits to the fund
- Flexible and strategic investment options as part of our $8 billion+ portfolio
- Exclusive educational and networking events for our donors and fund advisors
- An informative monthly eNewsletter
- The opportunity to name your donor advised fund. You may choose to name the fund for your family or a loved one. You also have the option to remain anonymous or assign a unique name reflecting your charitable mission and values
- Access to your fund 24 hours a day through our secure online resource
- View more benefits and learn about how we work with you
A donor advised fund may be opened with gifts of $5,000 or more. A variety of assets may be used to open or add to a donor advised fund. To get started contact email@example.com or 650.450.5444.
Looking to do more with your fund? Learn how SVCF can support your philanthropic goals by enhancing your fund with our custom service offerings.
- Custom gift and grant letters - Customize gift acknowledgement letters received by those who make gifts into your fund, and grant award letters received by the nonprofits you grant out to. These customizations may include a few sentences about your organization or a unique logo.
- Impact investments - SVCF's expert investments team can help facilitate impact investments, so you can leverage your philanthropic dollars to make investments in nonprofits and social enterprises. Learn more about making impact investments.
- Grantmaking rounds - SVCF can help facilitate grantmaking rounds by crafting a strategy with you, building application forms, establishing selection criteria and issuing grants to your finalists.
Or, learn about the other types of funds offered by SVCF.