When you have the desire to make a lasting impact on the world, we’re here to make it easier. As a community foundation, we help you craft a personalized philanthropy strategy designed to achieve the goals you envision.
Here at SVCF, the possibilities for making a difference start with your vision. Our team works closely with you to help you realize that vision, removing the barriers and simplifying the process so that you can enjoy the passion of giving. You gain access to unmatched expertise, community connections and learning opportunities.
Your assigned philanthropy advisor serves as your consultant and personal liaison to the community foundation. Your advisor can offer a wealth of knowledge and assistance in tailoring your giving. For example, we can:
- Research causes and nonprofits that interest you
- Help you develop a family philanthropy plan
- Review your investment strategies and options
- Optimize your charitable giving
- Invite you to events and briefings that resonate with your passions
- Introduce you to other donors with similar interests
- Define a personal philanthropic mission statement
Online Fund Management
You gain 24-hour access to our secure online fund management service. You can easily:
- Recommend grants
- Review giving history
- Find instructions on making new gifts
- Check fund balances
- Download fund statements and investment performance reports
- Learn about upcoming events and read summaries of past events
- Identify local giving opportunities
Assets We Accept
You can establish or add to a fund with any of the following:
- Cash (cash equivalents, including credit card donations)
- Marketable Securities
- Closely held, restricted or pre-IPO stock
- Real estate, partial interest in real estate or promissory notes
- Transfer of a private foundation
- Tangible personal property
- Royalties and distribution rights
- Business Interests, including partnerships and interests in LLCs
- Virtual currency
Is your asset not listed here? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn if SVCF can help.
We recommend you consult with your financial or legal advisor to identify the optimum asset for your personal situation. Please contact the community foundation prior to initiating your gift so we can be prepared to assist you the moment you are ready to open or add to your fund.
With more than 10,000 nonprofits in Silicon Valley, how do you determine which ones are most effective? Through SVCF Community Connections program we help you effectively navigate the local nonprofit landscape by fully vetting and endorsing solid community organizations. The program makes it easier for you to learn about and fund the most promising local charitable opportunities.
Exclusive Learning & Connection Events
Whether you want to learn about new community needs, explore new giving opportunities or meet other donors with similar interests, we make it easy. We sponsor a range of events and activities designed to help inform and inspire your philanthropic efforts.
News & Updates
SVCF’s quarterly e-newsletter for donors keeps you up-to-date on features, stories and the latest philanthropic news, including any legislative or regulatory changes that may affect your charitable giving.
SVCF supports donor circles that focus on Africa, the arts, the environment and safety net services, with a focus on housing. Anyone can contribute and become a member of a donor circle. Each circle awards grants to organizations that are working to create sustainable change in its area of interest. Learn more.