One-third of our residents are immigrants. Almost half of the Silicon Valley workforce is foreign-born. Almost two-thirds of those under the age of 18 are children of immigrants. These demographic realities call for a new social model of immigrant integration. We support organizations that benefit immigrants and their receiving communities while encouraging newcomers to participate in local government and improve economic mobility.
Requests For Proposals (RFPs)
Immigration: Ensuring the Safety and Security of Immigrants
In December 2015, SVCF announced the start of a comprehensive strategic review of our grantmaking to ensure that our investments continue to be timely, impactful and relevant to the region’s residents. New grantmaking strategies will be announced at our regional meeting in October as a result of this review process.
In the meantime, we are acutely aware there are many uncertainties and anxieties in our community about federal immigration policy. We have heard from a wide range of local partners that Silicon Valley immigrants and their children are facing increased, open hostility; in some cases, hostility has led to confrontations and violence. SVCF remains committed to using our resources to help ensure that every resident, regardless of race, ethnicity, country of origin, gender or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to succeed and be free of harassment.
We are pleased to announce this request for proposals, or RFP, focused specifically on ensuring the safety and security of immigrants.
RFP Opened: May 1, 2017
Strengthening the Legal Services Infrastructure
Targets the need for affordable and reliable immigration legal services provided by nonprofit community organizations.
Grants support legal service providers or collaboratives that:
RFP Opened: March 13, 2017
Adult English Language Acquisition
Targets the growing demand for high-quality English as a Second Language and Vocational English as a Second Language, or ESL and VESL instruction.
Grants will be provided for region wide efforts that:
RFP Opened: Aug. 29, 2016
(No RFP is scheduled for 2017 at this time)
- Ensuring Safety and Security of Immigrants Grantees - 2017
- Strengthening the Legal Services Infrastructure Grantees - 2017
- Adult English Language Acquisition Grantees - 2016
- Strengthening the Legal Services Infrastructure Grantees - 2016
- Adult English Language Acquisition Grantees - 2015
- Strengthening the Legal Services Infrastructure Grantees - 2015
- Adult English Language Acquisition Grantees - 2014
- Strengthening the Legal Services Infastructure Grantees - 2014
- Adult English Language Acquisition Grantees - 2013
- Bridging the Cultural Gap Grantees - 2013
- Strengthening the Legal Services Infrastructure Grantees - 2013