This website is owned and operated by Silicon Valley Community Foundation. Our intention is to inform and educate visitors about our work as a grantmaker, community resource and philanthropic partner to local individuals, families and corporations. Silicon Valley Community Foundation is committed to honoring the privacy of all those with whom we work.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Your right to privacy is important to us. We will not sell, rent, loan or otherwise share any personally identifying information you provide with any individual or organization. We collect your information when you:
- Register on our donor and/or applicant online systems;
- Register for one of our of events;
- Respond to a survey;
- Fill out a form/application;
- Make a donation;
- Recommend a grant;
- Respond to other communications for us to better understand your interests and needs.
All information provided is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption to provide security and privacy when you access fund information, initiate online fund transactions or send secure messages.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to help us tailor and continually improve your experience on our donor and applicant sites. We use your information in the following ways:
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Communicating with you about your account, submissions or transactions;
- Communicating with you about upcoming events;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings and information about our initiatives and events via email or another medium;
- Processing your donation, competitive grant/scholarship application or grant recommendation request;
- Event registration;
- Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analysis of our online users;
- Personalizing content and experiences on our online system.
INFORMATION WE SHARE TO THE PUBLIC
Silicon Valley Community Foundation adheres to the highest standards of ethical practices in our operations and is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all our online users.
Under IRS Code, the following foundation documents are public information:
- IRS Forms 990 and affiliated schedules;
- Exemption letter from the IRS;
- Approved application for exemption with supporting documentation.
Lists of our donors, other than those published in the annual report, are not available to the public. We do not reveal the name of anonymous donors or funds to the recipient of a grant.
We use Google Analytics, which utilizes Google cookies, to help us understand how people use our website. The information is anonymous and is only used for statistical purposes, and it helps us to analyze patterns of user activity and develop a better user experience. You may prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out browser add-on, available here.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Throughout our website(s), we offer links to third party sites. Since we do not control those websites, we encourage you to review their privacy policies as well.
QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
We welcome comments and questions on this policy. To share feedback or to request information from the foundation, please send an email to email@example.com or write to:
Silicon Valley Community Foundation
2440 West El Camino Real, Suite 300
Mountain View, California 94040-1498
Last revised: Oct. 21, 2019