SVCF engages in public policy to drive systemic change and solve our region and state's most challenging problems. From advocacy to direct lobbying, public policy is an integral part of our philanthropic toolbox that includes: grantmaking, initiatives, research and convenings.
Solving our Housing Crisis
- Support California SB 828, Driving a more data-driven approach in creating the Regional Housing Needs Assessment
- Support California AB 2162, Streamlining developments for affordable housing units and supportive housing for homeless people
- Listen to the podcast: Senator Scott Wiener on How to Address California's Housing Challenges
- Read the research: “Silicon Valley’s Housing Crisis: How did we get here, and what can we do about it?”
- Donate today to the Silicon Valley Regional Fund
Supporting our Immigrant Communities
- Support California AB 1862
- Donate today to the Opportunity for All Fund
Educational Equity and Access
- Read the Research: What is math misplacement?
- Learn why we got involved in the issue of math misplacment
Supporting the Economic Security of our Families
- Support California AB 2500, Protecting small dollar loan consumers against predatory lending practices
- Read the Research: "The Power of Community Action: Anti-Payday Loan Ordinances in Three Metripolitan Areas"
Supporting Justice Equity
- Support California SB 185, Solving inequities in the state traffic court system
- Listen to the podcast: Senator Bob Hertzberg: Reforming the System of Traffic Fines
- Read the research: "Paying more for being poor: Bias and Disparity in California's Traffic Court System"
- Learn how we got involved in California S.B. 185