How to Apply
Eligible students will be invited to apply for the Bright Futures scholarship in August. Application details will be shared with eligible students at that time.
Bright Futures 2019 Timeline
Aug. 26, 2019
Eligible students invited to apply
Sept. 18, 2019
Oct. 21, 2019
Notifications sent to students
By invitation, for eligible students who applied to a Silicon Valley Community Foundation Managed Scholarship, and can demonstrate academic excellence and unmet need.
Up to $10,000
Number of Scholarships
Up to 20 one-time scholarships
The Bright Futures Scholarship Fund was established in 2010 by SVCF to provide additional scholarship opportunities to the many worthy applicants that seek funding each year. The selection committee looks for students showing academic promise and whose educational opportunities will be increased by financial assistance. In addition, the selection committee will take into consideration the overall quality of the personal statement. Special consideration will be given to those students who attended or will attend college within the nine-county Bay Area region.
- Can demonstrate unmet need after all other forms of college financial aid are secured
Currently enrolled at any of the following:
- Two-year, four-year, or graduate educational institution as a part-time or full-time student
- Career/technical, vocational, or certificate program as a part-time or full-time student
- Demonstrated academic promise with a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average
- Demonstrated unmet need of more than $1,000 for the current academic school year
- Academic excellence
- Overall quality of the personal statement
- Special consideration will be given to applicants who attended high school and/or will attend college within the nine-county Bay Area (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma) region.
- One personal statement
- Most recent Financial Aid Award Letter
- Official or electronic transcripts, if not on file