For single mothers who are returning to college to improve their and their family’s life.
Up to $10,000
Number of Scholarships
Two one-time and renewable scholarships
The Deblinger Family Scholarship Fund was established with a gift from The Deblinger Family Foundation, to help low-income, single mothers who are the Head of Household to return to college in order to improve the lives of their families, as well as motivate their children to excel. The goal is to provide the financial support to minimize the burden of additional out-of-pocket expenses resulting from having to work, support a family and attend college all at the same time. The Deblinger Family Foundation wants to enable these non-traditional students to focus on achieving their academic goals and performance, so that they can create a successful future.
- Single, female parents who are Head of Household
- Currently enrolled in a community college to obtain an associate’s degree, certificate or in a four-year college transfer program. Students who already have an associate’s degree and are planning to transfer to a four-year college, are also eligible
- Current residents of Alameda County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, and San Mateo County; preference will be given to residents of Oakland, San Jose, Watsonville and East Palo Alto
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated financial need