For single mothers who are returning to college to improve their and their family’s life.
Up to $10,000
Number of Scholarships
Two one-time and renewable scholarships
The Deblinger Family Scholarship Fund was established to help low-income, single mothers who are the Head of Household to return to college in order to improve the lives of their families, as well as motivate their children to excel. The goal is to provide the financial support to minimize the burden of additional out-of-pocket expenses resulting from having to work, support a family and attend college all at the same time. The Deblinger Family Foundation wants to enable these non-traditional students to focus on achieving their academic goals and performance, so that they can create a successful future.
- Single, female parents who are Head of Household
Currently enrolled, or have been enrolled in the past year, in a community college to obtain an associate’s degree, certificate or in a four-year college transfer program.
- Students who already have an associate’s degree and are planning to transfer to a four-year college, are also eligible
- Applicants must already be accepted into a school / program before submitting application.
- Current residents of Alameda County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, and San Mateo County; preference will be given to residents of East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Jose and Watsonville
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated financial need
Completed applications must be mailed in one packet with all supporting documents in the order listed above.
Mail your completed application to:
P.O. Box 2529
Aptos, CA 95001
Completed applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 22, 2020.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have questions, please contact DFSF Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.