For Asian/Pacific Islander youth, self-identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender with demonstrated involvement in the LGBT community.
Up to $60,000 (paid over four years, provided renewal eligibility requirements are met)
Number of Scholarships
Up to 4
Mr. Edward C. Tang established this award in 2007 to provide financial assistance to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (g/l/b/t) Asian and Pacific Islanders (API) for post-secondary education. This scholarship is to help GLBT youth proudly achieve educational pursuits and dreams without shame. This scholarship awards up to four outstanding students annually, a scholarship of up to $15,000. These scholarships are renewable for a maximum of three additional years (for a total of four years), provided each student annually meets the renewal requirements.
- Self-identified as Asian/Pacific Islander (at least 25 percent Asian/Pacific Islander ancestry), lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender and involved in the LGBT community
- Graduate of a high school in one of the nine Bay Area counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Napa, Sonoma or Solano
- Full-time (minimum 12 units for all semesters/quarters) enrollment in an accredited two- or four-year college, community college, university, graduate school or vocational school
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
- Demonstrated academic promise
- Demonstrated financial hardship
- United States citizen or legal resident
- Be between the ages of 17 and 25 on or before April 30, 2018
Contact Edward Tang at email@example.com