January 9, 2019
Application Due Date
April 3, 2019
May 22, 2019
Scholarship Checks Issued to US Schools
July 26, 2019
Scholarship Funds Wire Transferred to International Schools
August 30, 2019
For additional information regarding the scholarship program call toll free (855) 670-ISTS (4787) or email contactus@applyISTS.com.
ISTS offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Central.
For women and students of Latino or African-American descent who are majoring in STEM related fields and legal dependents of Western Digital employees who are planning to attend an accredited four-year college.
Up to $5,000
Number of Scholarships
Up to 500 one-time scholarships
The Western Digital Scholarship Program was established in 2018 to help realize the potential of future scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians, as well the dependents the Western Digital workforce. The global scholarship features two components:
- The Western Digital Scholarships for STEM open to students pursing degrees in STEM disciplines
- The We.care Scholarships for Western Digital employee dependents
Western Digital is committed to awarding up to $1 million annually to assist students whose educational opportunities will be expanded by financial assistance.
Western Digital is committed to addressing access to STEM education for underrepresented and underprivileged students. Scholarships are currently awarded to deserving students in the following countries:
- United States
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on academic excellence, demonstrated leadership in extracurricular and / or community activities, financial need, and the overall quality of the application.
- Undergraduate student enrolled on a full-time basis at a four-year accredited University located in the countries where scholarships are being offered
- Majoring in Computer Science (B.S. programs only), Engineering, Mathematics or Science (excluding agricultural sciences, health and other life sciences)
- Minimum grade average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Demonstrated financial need or hardship
- Traditionally under-represented populations in the STEM disciplines, including females and individuals of African-American or Latino descent in the United States
In addition to the Western Digital Scholarships for STEM, Western Digital is creating opportunities for its employee’s dependents to thrive through the We.care Scholarships.
This program has been established to support the educational pursuits of deserving dependents of Western Digital employees. In recognition of the breadth of talent represented by their employee base, this program is open to students of all majors. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on academic excellence, demonstrated leadership in extracurricular and / or community activities, the overall quality of the application and financial need.
- Legal dependent of a Western Digital Employee with an Employee Level of 109 or Below
- Undergraduate student enrolled on a full-time basis at an accredited four year college / university
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Financial need or hardship